Monday, December 1, 2014

Arsene Wenger - I Am A Genius [Read]

Wenger reacts to fans questioning his tactical knowledge, says he would not have been at Arsenal for long years as manager
Having managed Arsenal for 16 years, Arsene Wenger answers his critics for suggesting that he is tactically deficient

Arsene Wenger was responding to his critics and haters who are calling for him to resign or be removed by the management when he whimsically stated that he is a genius.

First it was Alisher Usmanoz, a shareholder at the club, and then later fans who held a banner on Saturday in the 0-1 defeat of West Brom.

Challenging doubts on his tactical decisions and technical ability, Wenger said: "I started to manage a team at the top level in 1983. If I am completely useless tactically, I am a genius [because] I can hide it very well.’’

Praising himself and the team for their Champions League record which he said showed extreme consistency than any other club

"Look, in [each of] the last 15 years, we are qualified for the last 16 in the Champions League. Give me another club who has done that. I think we have shown extreme consistency and that’s all we can do.

"And I think if you have shown such a consistency, it’s because we have that at the club. We have values and we respect them," the 65 year-old told reporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...